Sometimes you just need some Southern Green Beans in your life. And, sometimes, you only have twenty minutes to throw dinner together. Don’t fret! You will never look at your canned green beans the same after you throw them in your Instant Pot. The Instant Pot has the amazing ability to give you that same “simmered for 8 hours” taste in a fraction of the time. You can improve the taste of your canned greens in a number of ways that range from clean eating to pre-diabetes Paula Deen (butter, honey!).
Instant Pot Southern-Style Green Beans
- 1 (15oz) can of green beans, drained
- ½ cup of finely chopped white onion (optional and I did not use)
- 1 garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup or more chopped ham or bacon (optional and I did not use)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon of butter or if you love bacon use 1 Tablespoon bacon fat
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
Throw all the ingredients in your pot. Set HP 10 minutes with a QR. Add extra seasoning, if desired. Enjoy!
Note: I try to cook clean for my family so I left out the bacon. My husband does not love onions so I left those out too! If I was making this for a get-together, I’d definitely use all of the above! Who doesn’t love BACON??
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links for products I use and love. When you purchase products using these links, you directly support the life of this blog!