It’s hard to get vegetables into this body of mine. I do my best, but a disguised vegetable is my favorite vegetable. That’s why I drink Shakeology religiously, and that’s also why I was super intrigued by this recipe from my favorite blogger, Juli Bauer at PaleOMG. The recipe for Juli’s PaleOMG’s Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup caught my attention because I love any and everything “buffalo,” but the soup base consisted of nearly all vegetables pureed into a smooth, velvety soup. To make it even better, it came with Instant Pot directions. After a long drive back from a very short trip to Charleston this weekend, this easy soup fit the bill. Stay tuned for a post on what to do with one day in Charleston. I was in foodie heaven in that gorgeous town!
Check out the ingredients below direct from Juli’s recipe and head over to her blog for the full recipe and instructions. Juli also has three incredible cookbooks with tasty Paleo recipes.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (I used butter)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- ⅔ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or less, to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Ranch, for garnish
I counted this as 1.5 green and 1/2 red per serving. Great way to get those green containers in!
Happy food prepping!
This post may contain affiliate links which directly support this blog. Thank you for supporting Modern Day Fox!