I love rice. I think it constituted about 90% of my diet in college. The other 10% was Fruity Pebbles. Lately, I have been craving that Yellow Rice that you get in the grocery store. You know, the kind that is like 65 cents, full of sodium, and looks like this…
But, I’m not in college anymore. So, I care about things like my blood pressure.
During a recent vacation, my friend whipped up her version of Yellow Rice in her Instant Pot and I was intrigued. I took her recipe home and tweaked it out to fit my taste preferences. I thought you might enjoy it too! This recipe is very, very basic and can be enhanced with additional seasonings like onion power or curry. You can also opt to toast your basmati rice in the oil before adding the other ingredients. Go crazy and throw in some diced onions sautéed in the oil too! Or, be lazy like me and follow the easy recipe below.
If you are a visual person, here is a how-to video complete with Paw Patrol in the background. Yay!
This post contains affiliate links that help support this blog. All opinions are my own. When you use my links to purchase products I recommend, you help keep Modern Day Fox going!
- 2.5 cups Basmati Rice rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBSP Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 pinches Celery Seed
- Rinse and drain basmati rice.
- Pour all ingredients into pot.
- Stir well.
- Set pot to Manual high Pressure for 6 minutes. Set valve to Sealing.
- Allow pressure to release naturally.
- When knob drops, remove lid and stir well.
- Taste and add additional salt, if desired.
- Serve, and enjoy!