“Carrot soup? That sounds… um, not good.”
That’s what I said when my best friend, Kelley, suggested we throw together an Instant Pot soup for my blog. But, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of disguising a serving of vegetables into a smooth soup. Make it tasty enough and no one in my family would know they were eating a full serving of veggies. Heck, I hardly noticed myself!
Both Kelley and I deal with food intolerances in our households, so we immediately knew we would make it gluten and dairy-free. We strive to create dishes that are easy, and that meet the needs of our loved ones too. Our end result was a rich, almost buttery-tasting soup that was a cinch to throw together. Even my six year old wolfed down a bowl, and that says something – trust me!
We hope you enjoy it too!
Check out the prep video here:
Note: This post contains affiliate links that directly help support the life of this blog. When you use my links for purchase, you help keep Modern Day Fox going! I’m not sponsored by any company, and anything I recommend in this post I have actually purchased myself.
- 17 whole cashews soaked in 1/2 cup water for at least 30 minutes
- 8-10 whole carrots washed and peeled, remove ends
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can Coconut Milk full-fat or lite
- 1 TBSP curry
- 1 TBSP minced garlic or, 3 smashed cloves
- 1/2 cup diced onion or, 2 TBSP dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cashews for garnish (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Soak cashews in 1/2 cup water for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop carrots in half.
- Drain water from cashews after soaking.
- Place all ingredients into Instant Pot and stir.
- Set pot to 15 minutes Manual High Pressure.
- Use a quick release to release pressure when timer goes off.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then transfer ingredients into blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowls. Garnish with chopped cashews and cilantro, if desired.