I love cooking pork in my Instant Pot. Pork happens to be my favorite meat, and I make it for my family regularly! The Instant Pot has made it a much faster process. Pork Carnitas is my favorite way to prepare the meat, but often the recipes are a bit too spicy for my little guys. Because of this, I decided to throw together my own version and share it with you. Feel free to spice it up with extra cumin, chili powder, and even some habanero peppers if that is your jam!
Remember that the cut of meat is very important depending on what results you want get from your pork. In my video below, I chose a slightly leaner cut of meat with a pork tenderloin. But, a pork shoulder roast has much more fat and makes for a more tender dish. I’m trying to watch my weight a bit right now due to the holiday temptations in every direction, so I opted for a cut less fatty. I don’t recommend trimming the fat on a pork tenderloin. You need the fat to keep the meat nice and tender!
Check out a video of this prep here:
I hope your family enjoys this dish!
- 2-4 lb Pork Roast Shoulder Roast or Pork Tenderloin recommended
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Coconut Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 TBSP Cumin
- 1/2 TBSP Salt (or more, if you prefer)
- Dash pepper (season to preference)
- Juice Orange, fresh one large or two small (2 TBSP bottled orange juice works too)
- 1/2 cup broth chicken or beef preferred
- Add all ingredients to the liner pot of Instant Pot. Spread seasonings across cut of meat.
- Set pot to 90 minutes High Pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Preheat over to broiler setting.
- Transfer meat and broth to a large baking dish.
- Broil meat for 4-5 minutes. Flip meat in dish and broil another few minutes. Watch closely so your meat doesn’t burn. You just want to get the edges crispy.
- Serve, and enjoy!