This last month was hard on me. Losing my best friend, Ted, to a pulmonary embolism just four weeks ago blind sided me like no other. It’s hard to grieve when you have little people to take care of and a household to run. You wonder how the world keeps turning when something so tragic happens, but somehow it does. You want to be mad about that, but it’s actually the thing that forces you to move forward. You literally have no choice.
Here is a photo of Ted and me on one of our many trips across the world. We were in Athens, Greece:
That’s why I’ve been absent from my blog for several weeks. I hope you understand! The good news is that Ted and I mutually shared a love for cooking (and eating) and so I believe I would do a real disservice to him to give up on my recipes and videos. Ted would look at me in his overly sarcastic way and say, “Really??” if I even considered that. So, I’m back!
Today I have a 21 Day Fix and 80 Day Obsession approved Creamy Zucchini Soup that you can make in your Instant Pot with the help of your blender! I recommend doubling or even tripling this recipe if you are feeding a crew. I made this specifically for my meal prep and the serving size is only 1/2 cup which equals one green container and one blue container. This recipe makes 2 cups total so that’s four snacks for my meal prep for the week. We all know that your family will laugh at you if you give them a half cup of soup, so doubling the recipe may be best for you.
Here is a video to show you how it’s done:
- 2 zucchini medium sized, chopped
- 1 cup Water For Instant Pot
- 1 cup Coconut Milk canned (full fat or lite)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp curry heaping
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Wash and chop zucchini into large chunks, discarding ends.
- Place zucchini in steamer basket and then place inside Instant Pot liner pot.
- Add one cup water to bottom of Instant Pot liner pot.
- Replace Instant Pot lid and turn valve to sealing. Set Instant Pot to Steam for 2 minutes.
- When timer goes off, quick release the pressure by turning valve.
- Allow zucchini to cool for a few minutes and then pour into blender.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk and all seasonings to the blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve, and enjoy!