My best friend, Chad, was dealt an unexpected blow this year. Out of the blue, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroendocrine Cancer and Type 2 Diabetes. To say we were shocked by this news is the understatement of the year! Chad and I have been singing partners for over 12 years, and he is like a brother to me.
Chad is handling this turn of events like a champion. It SUCKS, and there is no question about that. But, Chad has dedicated himself to trying to inspire others not to give up the fight. Touching others keeps his fight alive! As part of being a service to others, Chad asked if he could join me in some of my cooking videos to make some diabetic friendly recipes. He is hoping he can help inspire others to heal themselves with healthy eating as he does the same for himself.
Since he used to work on a Thai food truck, Chad and I decided to whip together an easy and flavorful Instant Pot Thai Soup! Check out our video here, and the recipe below!
By the way, if you are interested in helping Chad with his medical expenses, all of the proceeds of our band, The Desert Okies’ new CD go to support him. Check it out at www.desertokies.com!
This post may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. When you use these links to make purchases, you help keep Modern Day Fox alive! Thank you!
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 cups Cabbage sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper julienned
- 6 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Box Chicken broth (4 cups)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- Dash Salt season to taste
- Dash pepper season to taste
- Set pot to Saute. Add one TBSP sesame oil to heating pot.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Brown meat.
- Turn pot off.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot and stir well to combine.
- Set pot to 15 min HP. When timer goes off, use a quick release. (Natural release is also fine.)
- Serve, and enjoy!