Finally seeing some sunshine here in Tennessee. Wonder how long it will last? Sunshine has got me like….mmm, I need TACOS! I whipped up some delicious 100% plant-based Mexican cauliflower tacos topped with a super easy Mexican slaw, and I’m sharing it with you today! This preps so well and keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days. Make it on a Sunday and enjoy it later in the week to make your busy week a little easier! (If you can wait that long to eat it, that is!)
- 1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
- 1 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Chili powder less if sensitive to spice
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk canned (can sub with 1 TBSP tahini butter and 1/3 cup almond milk)
- 1 TBSP Water
- 2 cups Purple Cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 Radishes thinly sliced into strips
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 1 TBSP Green Onions sliced
- 1 TBSP Cilantro
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Combine all spices in a large mixing bowls.
- Stir coconut milk and water into spices until thoroughly combined into a marinade.
- Toss cauliflower in marinade.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Arrange cauliflower across baking sheet so they are not stacked.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes. Flip cauliflower halfway through.
- For slaw: While cauliflower is cooking, slice purple cabbage, radishes and green onions. Shred or slice carrots if you did not purchase shredded carrots.
- Chop cilantro.
- Place all vegetables into a medium sized mixing bowl and combine.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, vinegar, lime juice, and salt. Mix well until honey starts to dissolve.
- Pour dressing over slaw vegetables and toss until all vegetables are coated well. Refrigerate until ready to use!
- After cauliflower is done, let it cool a bit before serving.
- Serve in small street sized corn or flour tortillas topped with the slaw. Enjoy!
- For prep, I usually keep the tortillas away from the fillings so it doesn't get soggy in the fridge!
Share this Recipe