I feel like a lot of people psych themselves out by making food prep way too complicated. There is a saying called KISS that I love and follow: “Keep It Simple, Stupid!” Especially when you are new to meal planning, you don’t have to pretend you are a master chef and cook things that have a 100 different ingredients and take 3 hours. Choose recipes that are easy and quick, and that have enough servings to make multiple meals.
I have many people in my monthly fitness challenge group that are doing the 21 Day Fix and searching for easy ways to use their containers. I came up with this simple Instant Pot prep that makes at least four meals with chicken leftover for other meals. I suggest serving the chicken and black bean salad over two cups of chopped romaine lettuce with a 1/4 avocado. If you are using the container system, that would calculate to a red, yellow, 2 greens, and a blue container. Not only is it low fat, low calorie, and delicious, but it all comes together in roughly 15 minutes including the time your Instant Pot needs to come to pressure!
Check out this video to see the prep in action! Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel too!
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Chicken breast fresh
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Corn frozen
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste preference
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
Black Bean Salad
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breast into Instant Pot. You may want to slice your chicken length-wise in half if your breast is extra thick.
- Pour broth over chicken.
- Pour spices over chicken. Flip chicken to help spread out spices.
- Replace lid and set pot to manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When timers goes off, use a quick release. Turn Pot off.
- Remove chicken and place onto a cutting board. Shred with two forks. If by chance the center of your breast is slightly undercooked, set pot to Saute and pour shredded chicken back in to cook for a few more minutes.
- To make black bean salad, drain and rinse black beans.
- Stir quartered tomatoes and frozen corn into black beans.
- Add juice of one lime, cumin, salt, and pepper to black bean salad and stir well.
- As a serving suggestion, serve black bean salad and chicken over romaine lettuce.
Leave a Comment