I’m on my fourth week of removing grains from my diet and on cue (usually lined up with a certain time of the month, if you know what I mean), I’ve started craving dessert. I saw where you could cook cakes in the air fryer, so I just had to give it a shot.
I kind of threw this recipe together as a hail Mary after looking at some similar recipes I have made in the past and not having all the ingredients needed on hand. I have to say that I came up with a combo that hit the spot!
These would be fantastic with a Paleo frosting, but I sprinkled on chocolate chips instead. Full disclosure – these are regular chocolate chips. I typically use EnjoyLife chips, but I was all out today. I tolerate dairy just fine, but I wanted to be honest about my photos since my chips are not Paleo. EnjoyLife Chips are non-dairy and cook just like regular chocolate chips. They are amazing!
I hope this turns out well for you. Before you ask, I have not baked this recipe in the oven yet, so I can’t say what the cooking time would be. My advice would be to set your oven at 350, cook it for 15 minutes and then check every few minutes after to see when it is done. One other note – all air fryers vary in cooking time. Keep in mind that I used a Power XL Air Fryer and this timing worked out for me. You may want to check your cakes at the 10, 12, and 15 minute mark to make sure they do not overcook. Good luck!
This post contains affiliate Amazon links which directly help support this blog. When you purchase items using my links, you directly support Modern Day Fox and keep it alive! My opinions are my own and I have no sponsorships. These are purchases I’ve made and love!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||17 min|
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cups Tapioca Flour
- 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil plus some to grease ramekins
- 1/3 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Non- Dairy Chocolate Chips Enjoy Life are awesome! You can use regular chips if you can tolerate dairy.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk eggs together.
- Add to the eggs all of the remaining wet ingredients and stir until completely smooth.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well blended.
- Grease ramekins with coconut oil. Pour batter into ramekins in equal parts and sprinkle each with chocolate chips.
- Cover each ramekin with foil and use a knife to cut several small slits on top of the foil. Place ramekins into fryer basket.
- Set Air Fryer to 390 degrees F for 16 minutes. (Your air fryer cooking time may vary. I'm using a Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 quart.)
- Remove foil and allow to cool.